Jacob (April 2019) ★★★★★
“This place was a wonderful respite from the busy, hectic life of New York City. Our trip was planned to do some trout fishing in the surrounding area. Despite getting rained out and catching no beautiful fish, my family and I still had a lovely time. The house is definitely well cared for and very clean which was such a relief since we have a young child who accompanied us on our trip.
* The fireplace is gorgeous and made for quite a few cozy evenings by the fire
* The front porch has a comfortable bench and hammock that made sitting outside & listening to the sounds of the night quite enjoyable.
* Eco-friendly household items available for use
* Main bedroom mattress was spacious and so comfortable! Also loved the light fixture and the feel of the rug under my feet
* Well-equipped kitchen to whip up just about any dish you desire
* The downstairs bathroom is small but was my favorite room in the house! Great shower head, warm & cozy which was really nice on cold mornings, and the "hooks" on the wall were a nice feature...even our 3 year old could reach one of them to hang his towel.
* Beautiful wood floors...very clean...inspired me to do some yoga!
* So much surrounding nature! It rained on our trip but we still managed to have a great time just soaking in (pun intended) the environment
* Local restaurants/shops we liked: Phoenicia Diner, Scandinavian Grace, Millrock Restaurant
* Table and chairs are meant for adults so if bringing a young child bring your own booster seat
* When it rains it gets pretty muddy so bring a pair of boots...just in case
* Surrounding grocery stores are pretty limited so you may need to bring some food items from NYC if you want to cook something specific
* Cellphone service was spotty on our drive so be sure you plug in your coordinates well in advance and bring a road atlas as a back up plan”
Elizabeth (March 2019) ★★★★★
“This upstate Victorian home was the perfect getaway from the city. The spacious rooms, gorgeous inlaid hardwood floors, pocket wood doors, working fireplace, mid-century modern decor and attention to detail created a place of luxurious simplicity and a great family friendly home base to explore the area. The house was immaculately clean and fully equipped including an espresso machine and spacious kitchen with a huge picture window above the sink. My husband said he would do the dishes all the time if he had that view. :-) Central location for exploring ski slopes, hiking, and visiting the waterfalls in the area. A quick ride to town provided access to essential grocery shopping, a playground and antique shops. Communicating with Diane & AC was very easy. They were very helpful and always available. We had a wonderful weekend of adventure and relaxation. This is a 4 season vacation home and we can't wait to visit again!”
John-Paul (February 2019) ★★★★★
“My wife and I have traveled around the world and stayed at some great Airbnbs but AC and Diana’s Airbnb is by far one of the cleanest and most charming houses we’ve stayed at! Their home is a perfect weekend get away from New York city. Their place is a nice mix of old and modern. We enjoyed the attention to detail with the interior design and amenities. The house is a quick 5 minute drive from the town of Prattsville where there’s a grocery store and a 25 minute drive from Windham mountain with great family skiing. Aurélien and Diana were super informative before our visit and made us feel right at home. My wife and I enjoyed seeing how free our toddlers felt playing and running around their spacious house. We had a blast with the kids and they’re already asking to go back. We’re looking forward to our next visit at AC & Diana’s beautiful home.”